ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a talented Assistant Brand Manager to join our APAC Marketing team.
The marketing team at Minor Figures is a small but highly energised team with a strong strategy and a calendar of activity to see our brand achieve its big goals. The Assistant Brand Manager will be key in executing and bringing the brand plans to life, with a focus on project management and supporting tactical and operational projects to deliver exceptional execution.
Not only will this role champion the Minor Figures brand externally, but will live and breathe the brand within the business. The Assistant Brand Manager will contribute to the culture of the team and will be ready to get involved, roll up your sleeves and make things happen.
There will be an opportunity to learn about strategic development and brand planning before playing a role in building future plans.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
What's in a job title? At Minor Figures, we don't box people in. Everyone is different and every day is different. We want people to display their passions and talents as often as possible. Sure, for the Assistant Brand Manager, we have duties below, but don't feel you're limited to them.
Let's run through them:
- Supporting in the execution of the marketing plan to attract and excite our core consumer. This includes executing activities such as:
- Experiential activations
- Organising consumer events
- Point of sale & in store collateral
- Support in implementation of major campaigns
- NPD launches
- Giveaways and competitions
- Coffee pop ups
- Sampling activities that get our products in the right hands
- Local brand partnerships
- Local social media, digital advertising, website & email initiatives
- Brand collaborations
- Working closely with our global brand and marketing team
- Acting as a Minor Figures brand guardian, ensuring the brand is protected and consistently applied
- Contributing to the optimistic and daring culture of our team, building relations internally & externally with great communication skills
- Supporting in the development of exciting and clear briefs for our creative team
- Inputing into the development of future brand strategy and plans
- Assisting in efficient management of brand budgets and reconciliation of accounts
- Executing simple graphic design tasks using global assets would be desirable
ABOUT YOUR TEAM
Reporting into the Head of Marketing (APAC), Hannah, you will be a key part of the APAC marketing team, supporting in the execution of our marketing plans, building brand love and supporting the team to achieve our growth ambition.
You will be closely working with our APAC sales & operations teams, as well as our global marketing & creative teams to deliver phenomenally creative activity.
This role, in fact any role, should be about more than just hard experience. We need a human, with their own, wonderfully unique personality.
We’d love this person to be a culturally-connected and creatively-minded marketer that will dare to go after unexpected paths that see Minor Figures connect with young, bold, socially conscious consumers (YBSCCs) around the world.
Someone who will be heavily embedded in the YBSCC culture and strongly connected to our youth consumer. An enthusiastic go-getter, energised and ready to grow your marketing skill set working for a high-growth, dynamic premium brand targeting the youth market.
You are a natural collaborator and communicator, and eager to expand and build your marketing skill set.
And here’s some finite ideals for us:
- A Marketing or Business-related degree and/or relevant work experience
- Being strongly connected to our youth consumer and heavily embedded in their culture. You know what YBSCC’s are getting up to and how MF can show up and connect with them in an authentic way
- Having a strong work ethic, are ready to get involved, roll up your sleeves and make things happen. The type of person that works proactively and delivers
- Someone not interested in average, willing to take risks and do what it takes to make the brand stand out
- Passionate about sustainability, creativity & the Minor Figures brand
- Are up for a laugh and makes a killer cuppa coffee (or willing to learn from our barista teammates)
Coffee experience (eg worked as a barista etc.) would be desirable. The ability to operate the Adobe suite for simple design requests (adapting global assets) and previous exposure to managing spend would certainly be a bonus for us.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We realise that a job is more than just the take home salary each month. So what are you really getting?
As part of the MF team, not only will you have the opportunity to own your role and make it, you and us a success, you’ll also be becoming part of something very special. At Minor Figures, everyone is welcome, as long as you leave all hang-ups, social barriers and prejudices at the door.
You’ll embark on a journey that doesn’t have a destination. It just keeps going. Your contribution will help us become the most loved brand on the planet. With that, you’ll grow, develop and progress as we do and you’ll play your part in us having a planet to do this on.
But of course, we look after you in the other ways that you’d expect:
You’ll be based out of our office in Prahran, Melbourne. This will be your base and we want this person to bring the energy and creativity to help educate and inspire our team here in Aus. Travel will be expected from time to time as part of your role to ensure you’re across the various regions and markets in your remit.
This is a full time role and hours of work will generally be 9.00am – 5:00pm but may vary with workload or by agreement. Flexibility may sometimes be required due to travel requirements.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At Minor Figures everyone is welcome. We are committed to cultivating and maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. We celebrate differences and continually support all members of our company to be proud of who they are. In recruiting for our team, we pride ourselves on equal employment opportunity regardless of gender, sex, age, disability, race, religion, sexuality or social class. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness, nothing else.
You’re sold? The coffee is brewing, you’re ready to hit send and sit back and wait for a response?
In order to make that happen:
- Submit a resume and any supporting documents to us.
- Tell us why you want to work for Minor Figures.
Just a heads up, we’re not a traditional team of recruiters and hiring managers. We want to see the human version of you, not just the black & white copy. Our need to find great people needs to be met with a fun and positive recruitment journey, so tell us more about you, however the heck you want.
If you've got any questions about the role or what to chat about what life is really like at Minor Figures, email us at email@example.com.
FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
For all recruitment agencies: We value the impact & work recruitment agencies have & do. We have people that have worked within & relied heavily on the support of agencies in their career. That said however, we’d really appreciate it if we didn’t receive any unsolicited or out of the blue applications.
We’re Minor Figures. Founded on a rooftop in 2014 by three friends with a shared love of coffee, MF has since grown into a global brand with a team of over 100 people across the world, with offices in the UK, USA, and Australia. We create plant-based products for coffee lovers, baristas and a better planet. We love teaming up with people as mad about coffee as we are and love nothing more than heading down to their local cafe to enjoy a chat with the friendly & expert barista.
All our products are 100% plant based and vegan friendly. The company is exploding, achieving record sales figures each quarter.
Minor Figures would be nothing without the independent coffee scene and our products can be found in over 4,000 specialty coffee shops worldwide, where we regularly run Freedays and Minor Figures FM events. We’re also expanding fast, with products lining the shelves in major supermarkets in our three core regions and our team achieving record sales figures quarter-on-quarter.
At Minor Figures, we’re passionate about creating a positive impact and we put sustainability at the forefront of everything we do. We’re a 100% carbon neutral and now a B Corp certified company.
We have big plans for the future of MF. As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, we want to welcome creative, curious, free-spirited, bold thinkers to join us to make that happen. Everyone’s invited. We collaborate, improvise, synchronise. We are wholly authentic, uplifting and constructive. Because magic happens when everyone’s vibing and having a good time. We value individuality and we want you to be yourself. If you share our love for coffee and you want every day you spend at work to feel like your first, we’d love to hear from you.