ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Marketing is a key part of our regional leadership team and is responsible for developing and managing our marketing and communications in North America. This role is pivotal in our pursuit of being the most loved brand on the planet, delivering the strategic and wildly creative activities that grow our brand awareness, engagement and love.
As the Director of Marketing for Minor Figures in the US, the exact location is open, but our preference if we could have it, would be to have someone in the key hotspots of Los Angeles or New York.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
This is only the beginning of a very exciting journey for Minor Figures and where we end up is an exciting mystery. What we do know, we're moving forward and we're going to enjoy every single minute of it.
The Director of Marketing for our US team will play a huge part in helping us get there and create this wonderful community, to help everyone experience and enjoy what we do.
Here's how you'll likely go about that:
- Contribute to the development and leadership of the US business as a member of the Regional management team, helping to shape and implement the business strategy.
- Develop and manage delivery of the US marketing plan - guided by the global brand strategy - including creation and deployment of a calendar of activities that sees Minor Figures become the most exciting brand on the planet and results in the achievement of our growth objectives.
- Manage, develop and mentor direct reports, inspiring and coaching for performance.
- Track and evaluate marketing activity against agreed targets, including awareness, conversions and sales.
- Track and analyze consumer and category data, spotting trends to guide strategy and EPD, and develop the NPD pipeline for the US business.
- Deliver exceptional consumer experiences and events that express the brand and create impactful buzz within the youth cultural space and target markets.
- Work closely with the Sales Team, providing category management data and insight to guide plans and initiatives to drive channel dominance.
- Lead all trade shows, including but not limited to Expo, SCA and Coffee Fests. Lean into teams’ expertise to deliver unforgettable experiences.
- Maintain regular communication with our Teams in London and Australia, to ensure consistency in positioning of the brand in the US. Work with our London-based creative team and product developers to develop marketing output and deliver NPD projects.
- Understand channel strategies and selling partners, and offer solutions to increase value at every touch point.
- Manage external PR agency, launching impactful stories in relevant and unexpected ways.
ABOUT YOUR TEAM
Our US team are all coffee people and are very immersed in the coffee community nationwide.
Although the entire team is remote we are a very close knit bunch. We might be a small team but we truly believe in our product and know how to speak the language of coffee. We like to build lasting relationships within our team as well as with our customers.
This role reports to the General Manager of North America, collaborates deeply with the global marketing team, and directly manages a Brand Manager, Coffee Community Manager, with a dotted line to Sales Trade Marketing Coordinator.
First up. We hire humans. Not machines or the electronic piece of paper you applied with.
We want people to come into Minor Figures to be a true version of themselves every day. Every day. No matter if you're up, or if you're down, we want people that embrace every day being different. People that can bring the energy, support their team mates when the times get hard, but not hold off from asking for support themselves. Because support is available and yes, sometimes… many times in fact, we all need it?
You will have a strong strategic mindset, creativity in spades and will be eager to go beyond the status quo to create a brand that is truly loved by young consumers. Your dream role encourages you to bring phenomenally creative ideas to reality, leading your team to deliver solid execution and being keen to roll your own sleeves up too. You have enough “been there done that” experience to know the rules, and know how to break them.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We realise that a job is more than just the take home salary each month. So what are you really getting?
As part of the MF team, not only will you have the opportunity to own your role and make it, you and us a success, you’ll also be becoming part of something very special. Minor Figures’ ethos is that everyone is welcome, as long as you leave all hang-ups, social barriers and prejudices at the door.
You’ll embark on a journey that doesn’t have a destination. It just keeps going. Your contribution will help us become the most loved brand on the planet & the number speciality coffee brand. With that, you’ll grow, develop and progress as we do and you’ll play your part in us having a planet to do this on.
But of course, we look after you in the other ways that you’d expect:
- 15 days vacation (Holiday) Front loaded
- 401(k) included
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental life
- Unlimited one to one coaching sessions with More Happi
- Unlimited access to Calm app
As mentioned at the start, as the Director of Marketing for Minor Figures in the US, the exact location is open, but preference is to have this person in Los Angeles or New York. But mainly, all we ask is that you’re able to travel flexibly and carry out the requirements of the role to the best standard.
A work schedule of Monday-Friday from 8:00am- 5:00pm with flexibility for trade shows and other work related travel that may occur on weekends.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At Minor Figures everyone is welcome. We are committed to cultivating and maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. We celebrate differences and continually support all members of our company to be proud of who they are. In recruiting for our team, we pride ourselves on equal employment opportunity regardless of gender, sex, age, disability, race, religion, sexuality or social class. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness, nothing else.
You’re sold? The coffee is brewing, you’re ready to hit send and sit back and wait for a response?
In order to make that happen:
- Submit a resume and any supporting documents to us.
- Tell us why you want to work for Minor Figures.
Just a heads up, we’re not a traditional team of recruiters and hiring managers. We want to see the human version of you, not just the black & white copy. Our need to find great people needs to be met with a fun and positive recruitment journey, so tell us more about you, however the heck you want.
If you've got any questions about the role or what to chat about what life is really like at Minor Figures, email us at email@example.com.
FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We value the impact & work recruitment agencies have & do. We have people that have worked within & relied heavily on the support of agencies in their career. That said however, we’d really appreciate it if we didn’t receive any unsolicited or out of the blue applications.
We’re Minor Figures. Founded on a rooftop in 2014 by three friends with a shared love of coffee, MF has since grown into a global brand with a team of over 100 people across the world, with offices in the UK, USA, and Australia. We create plant-based products for coffee lovers, baristas and a better planet. We love teaming up with people as mad about coffee as we are and love nothing more than heading down to their local cafe to enjoy a chat with the friendly & expert barista.
All our products are 100% plant based and vegan friendly. The company is exploding, achieving record sales figures each quarter.
Minor Figures would be nothing without the independent coffee scene and our products can be found in over 4,000 specialty coffee shops worldwide, where we regularly run Freedays and Minor Figures FM events. We’re also expanding fast, with products lining the shelves in major supermarkets in our three core regions and our team achieving record sales figures quarter-on-quarter.
At Minor Figures, we’re passionate about creating a positive impact and we put sustainability at the forefront of everything we do. We’re a 100% carbon neutral and now a B Corp certified company.
We have big plans for the future of MF. As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, we want to welcome creative, curious, free-spirited, bold thinkers to join us to make that happen. Everyone’s invited. We collaborate, improvise, synchronise. We are wholly authentic, uplifting and constructive. Because magic happens when everyone’s vibing and having a good time. We value individuality and we want you to be yourself. If you share our love for coffee and you want every day you spend at work to feel like your first, we’d love to hear from you.