ABOUT THE ROLE
As Commercial Director, you’ll oversee the Sales function for Minor Figures in EMEA. For us, that’s the UK, Europe and the rest of the world, minus North America and Asia Pacific.
Reporting into our General Manager for EMEA, you’ll lead & support our sales team in our efforts to have Minor Figures oat on the menu of every specialty coffee shop and in everyone's morning coffee at home.
In overseeing our sales activity for this region, we want to see you setting the strategy for now & the years ahead. We want you to set the pace, build a high performing sales team to help us deliver our growth ambitions.
We’d love to see you lead our desire to bring the coffee community together through customers in on-trade and inspiring people, internally & externally, on why Minor Figures, why our products bring that unique wonderful coffee experience to life.
You’ll also be driving our growth in retail, and building the relationships that will see us stand out on the aisle, deliver the best service possible and see everyone connected with Minor Figures light up a smile when they see Penny and our products proudly on the shelves.
Not forgetting our distribution partners. Working in tandem to bring our products to new markets and working closely with our marketing, operations and finances teams to ensure we’re always moving in the right direction, for the right reasons. To be the ones that customers turn to for their Oat M*lk. You, with your team, will be the one’s making that happen.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
This is a newly created role, we know it will grow and its priorities will evolve. And we know you’ll manage what’s needed in the role, and when it’s needed.
But here’s an overview of what we’d expect from you:
- Managing experienced channel heads across EMEA, develop & lead our high-performing sales team to deliver our ambitious growth plans.
- Own the long and short-term sales, channel and market strategies for EMEA
- Create, develop and execute exciting & creative strategic plans to achieve sales targets.
- Oversee the sales team recruitment, create training programmes and create the appropriate team culture to guide new and existing employees in their own personal career development.
- Forecasting and creating annual sales targets for regions and territories to determine sales objectives.
- Take part in business processes that ensure continuous delivery of the budget and sales plans.
- Ensure customer investment budget is spent effectively to drive sales results.
- Analyse market trends and results to determine annual unit and gross-profit plans
- Uphold a culture of cross functional collaboration to ensure we stay on course.
- Gain an understanding of the UK & EMEA landscape, competition and news/trends that drive consumer behaviour
- Identify and attend national conferences and/or trade shows to represent the business
ABOUT YOUR TEAM
As part of our Sales team, you’ll be joining a team full of passion, hard work and an undeniable love of good coffee. We have a brilliant sales force across retail, on-premise channels, in the UK mainly, with a growing team internationally. You’ll be in a good place for high energy, unwavering commitment and inspiration every day.
You’ll be part of our EMEA leadership team made up of a Head of Marketing, Head of Operations, a Financial Controller and yourself.
You’ll be reporting into our General Manager for EMEA, and working closely with teams across the business, namely Production, Products, Operations & Marketing to deliver our goals.
We hire humans, not machines, so let’s look at the key skills we need. You’ll:
- Be an ambassador of the Minor Figures brand
- Have a sense of fun, adventure, along with a hands on & a can-do approach.
- Not be phased by constant change and challenges and willing to adapt and implement solutions.
- Have a willingness to help in all areas of the business when needed.
- Have excellent communication skills and self motivation with an ability to grow the role with the business.
We want you to be someone who sees an opportunity in everything. Collaboration will be in your DNA and the ability to inspire people will ideally be something that comes naturally for you. Creative in your ideas, unconventional in your approach, you’ll be fuelled by passion, results and seeing those around you, happy.
Now, let’s look at the experience we ideally need. You’ll have:
- Strong experience and confidence in operating in both the On Trade & Off Trade channels of FMCG
- A background of building sales function & leading multi channel sales teams
- A successful track record of growing a brand in the UK & EMEA
- The ability to deal with challenges calmly, while consistently seeking opportunities.
- To be a leader people look to for guidance, support and empathy.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We realise that a job is more than just the take home salary each month. So what are you really getting?
As part of the MF team, not only will you have the opportunity to own your role and make it, you and us a success, you’ll also be becoming part of something very special. Minor Figures’ ethos is that everyone is welcome, as long as you leave all hang-ups, social barriers and prejudices at the door.
You’ll embark on a journey that doesn’t have a destination. It just keeps going. Your contribution will help us become the most loved brand on the planet & the number speciality coffee brand. With that, you’ll grow, develop and progress as we do and you’ll play your part in us having a planet to do this on.
As part of the Minor Figures team, you’ll have the opportunity to invest in the business, option to buy shares in the company at an agreed price. In short, Equity in Minor Figures is available for all staff members.
But of course, we look after you in the other ways that you’d expect:
- 25 days holiday allowance in addition to bank holidays
- Statutory pension contribution
- Flexible working to meet the needs of the role
- 30% discount on products from our online shop
- Unlimited one to one coaching sessions with More Happi
- Unlimited access to Calm app
- All the free coffee and cold brew you can drink!
- Vegan lunches are available.
Your main place of work will be at our office, at Minor Figures UK HQ - Unit 12a, Uplands Business Park, Blackhorse Lane, London, E17 5QJ.
Hours of work will generally be 9.00am – 5:30pm but may vary with workload or by agreement. Flexibility may sometimes be required due to travel requirements.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At Minor Figures everyone is welcome. We are committed to cultivating and maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. We celebrate differences and continually support all members of our company to be proud of who they are. In recruiting for our team, we pride ourselves on equal employment opportunity regardless of gender, sex, age, disability, race, religion, sexuality or social class. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness, nothing else.
You’re sold? The coffee is brewing, you’re ready to hit send and sit back and wait for a response?
In order to make that happen:
- Submit a CV and any supporting documents to us.
- Tell us why you want to work for Minor Figures.
Just a heads up, we’re not a traditional team of recruiters and hiring managers. We want to see the human version of you, not just the black & white copy. Our need to find great people needs to be met with a fun and positive recruitment journey, so tell us more about you, however the heck you want.
If you've got any questions about the role or what to chat about what life is really like at Minor Figures, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We value the impact & work recruitment agencies have & do. We have people that have worked within & relied heavily on the support of agencies in their career. That said however, we’d really appreciate it if we didn’t receive any unsolicited or out of the blue applications.
We’re Minor Figures. Founded on a rooftop in 2014 by three friends with a shared love of coffee, MF has since grown into a global brand with a team of over 100 people across the world, with offices in the UK, USA, and Australia. We create plant-based products for coffee lovers, baristas and a better planet. We love teaming up with people as mad about coffee as we are and love nothing more than heading down to their local cafe to enjoy a chat with the friendly & expert barista.
All our products are 100% plant based and vegan friendly with no added sugar. The company is exploding, achieving record sales figures each quarter.
Minor Figures would be nothing without the independent coffee scene and our products can be found in over 4,000 specialty coffee shops worldwide, where we regularly run Freedays and Minor Figures FM events. We’re also expanding fast, with products lining the shelves in major supermarkets in our three core regions and our team achieving record sales figures quarter-on-quarter.
At Minor Figures, we’re passionate about creating a positive impact and we put sustainability at the forefront of everything we do. We’re a 100% carbon neutral and now a B Corp certified company.
We have big plans for the future of MF. As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, we’re want to welcome creative, curious, free-spirited, bold thinkers to join us to make that happen. Everyone’s invited. We collaborate, improvise, synchronise. We are wholly authentic, uplifting and constructive. Because magic happens when everyone’s vibing and having a good time. We value individuality and we want you to be yourself. If you share our love for coffee and you want every day you spend at work to feel like your first, we’d love to hear from you.