ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a fast-paced and high-autonomy position for a true sales professional with deep experience in Coffee or Coffee-Adjacent sales.
You will actively prospect and close new accounts, while continuing to build the best relationships with your key distributor partners, roasters and cafes in VIC. You’ll be responsible for a go-to market strategy that will land new accounts, increase customer loyalty, improve account retention, build distribution growth, and improve company profitability.
You are also responsible for your market working collaboratively with marketing to drive sales and brand love, operations to ensure full and reliable supply and finance to build your market’s forecasts.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
As Territory Manager for Victoria in Australia, sure, we have duties below, but don't feel you're limited to them. Let's run through them:
- Building relationships, credibility & networks with Independent Cafés or other outlets where hot beverages are sold within the foodservice environment initiated from current network (roasters/distributors), event leads or cold calling
- Building territory based distributor, roaster and trade related relationships with Push and Pull strategies with distributors/roaster sales teams so we can collaboratively work alongside each other.
- Be a thought leader for our customers
- Managing a given territory in a timely and efficient manner and maintaining a solid customer database (CRM). This may include regional areas requiring overnight stays.
- Participating in Foodservice and Coffee related trade shows, events and industry functions as required
- Develop best in class relationships with buyers (new and existing) ensuring we are giving them all the love and attention they need.
- Help on-board new accounts and grow these in the most effective way. We want to see creative thinking and fresh ideas.
- Liaise with distributors to arrange fulfilment of sales
- Reporting - track and report on monthly distribution / sales performance
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground; Identify market trends and opportunities and develop action plans for MF to stay ahead of the market.
- Embody and positively promote Minor Figures mission, values and brand messages
ABOUT YOUR TEAM
Reporting into our Market Development Manager for VIC, you’ll be working closely with the sales, marketing and operations teams who bring a tonne of experience and energy to this part of our business, who are mainly based in Melbourne, but we’ve got a few in other parts of Australia and wider APAC
The MF team is a tight knit group who are passionate about coffee and excited to be on the Minor Figures brand journey. We like to dive into the deep end, get our hands dirty, and are proud to be a part of driving forward one of the most exciting brands in Australia. We support each other to build business and work best in a fast paced environment.
We want people to come into Minor Figures to be a true version of themselves every day. Every day. No matter if you're up, or if you're down, we want people that embrace every day being different. People that can bring the energy, support their team mates when the times get hard, but not hold off from asking for support themselves.
We hire humans, not machines, so let’s look at the key skills that we love to see. People that:
- Live and breathe their authenticity and individuality in everything that they do.
- Take pride in what they do, and inspire others to do the same.
- Have a sense of fun and adventure, along with a hands on & a can-do approach.
- Not be phased by constant change and challenges and willing to adapt and implement solutions.
- Collaborate like crazy & have a willingness to help in all areas of the business when needed.
- Approach every day like it’s day one. Committed, open minded and ready to enjoy every exhilarating second.
Look, we’ll level, this is a hands-on role & we’re rarely chained to our desks. We believe that rolling up our sleeves, building relationships at coffee shop level is vital. We’d expect you’d be regularly visiting existing customers as well as cold calling potential new customers.
As the Territory Manager leading the way in VIC, you’ll ideally be someone who:
- Has a proven track record as a Café professional Roaster/Barista/Café Manager/Territory Manager in the Café/Foodservice channel
- Possesses strong communication, customer service and negotiation skills
- Comes with a high level of sales DNA and resilience is critical for this role
- Has knowledge and understanding of the Café/Foodservice channel
- Can easily & passionate chat to people about and coffee and sustainability
- Brings high levels of energy and inspiration to what they do & why they do it
- Has a natural flair for delivering excellent customer service
- Is able to demonstrate their ability to engage and influence end customers and distributors in advocating Minor Figures products and people
- Understands the importance in building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and industry bodies and an ability to monetise these relationships
- A demonstrated ability to operate autonomously, be flexible and able to operate in new environments. Wear many hats and be the team member that can support and grow
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We realise that a job is more than just the take home salary each month. So what are you really getting?
As part of the MF team, not only will you have the opportunity to own your role and make it, you and us a success, you’ll also be becoming part of something very special. Minor Figures’ ethos is that everyone is welcome, as long as you leave all hang-ups, social barriers and prejudices at the door.
You’ll embark on a journey that doesn’t have a destination. It just keeps going. Your contribution will help us become the most loved brand on the planet & the number speciality coffee brand. With that, you’ll grow, develop and progress as we do and you’ll play your part in us having a planet to do this on.
And, as part of the Minor Figures team, you’ll have the opportunity to invest in the business, with the option to buy shares in the company at an agreed price. Having skin in the game and really contributing to our success. Because it’s you and us all that do make this all happen.
But of course, we look after you in the other ways that you’d expect:
- Superannuation contribution
- 20 paid national holidays per calendar year + public holidays
- Employee share options scheme, available to all full time employees.
- Flexible working to meet the needs of the role
- 1 day paid leave to support a cause of your choice through volunteering or activism
- Free oat milk & endless office coffee’s and training from your barista teammates
- Great work culture encouraging you to be optimistic, experimental and daring
- 30% discount on products from our online shop
- Unlimited one to one coaching sessions with More Happi
- Unlimited access to Calm app
You’ll undoubtedly be working remotely & be on the road, but your main place of work will be our office, here at 16 Porter Street Prahran.
Hours of work will generally be 9.00am – 5:00pm but may vary with workload or by agreement.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At Minor Figures everyone is welcome. We are committed to cultivating and maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. We celebrate differences and continually support all members of our company to be proud of who they are. In recruiting for our team, we pride ourselves on equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, sex, age, disability, race, religion, sexuality or social class. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness, nothing else.
You’re sold? The coffee is brewing, you’re ready to hit send and sit back and wait for a response?
In order to make that happen:
- Submit a Resume and any supporting documents to us.
- Tell us why you want to work with us at Minor Figures.