ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity to join Minor Figures as the Foodservice National Account Manager.
You’ll be at the heart of taking an already thriving channel and working with all our key customers to accelerate the growth and brand love of Minor Figures through this segment. Working with key partners such at Bidfood, Brakes and many amazing others, you’ll also be building your own customer relationships with a view to take on account management of our existing key partners. Experience in dealing with the big national distribution brands would be beneficial.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Any Sales professional will tell you, plans and to-do list’s go out the window on a daily, or hourly basis. Minor Figures are onto something here, but it’s not meant to be simple. This isn’t a role for the straight-forward. The trajectory will change often.
But here’s an overview of what we’d like you to be doing:
- A full review of each account with the team to understand where the channel and the customer base sits
- Identify any new opportunities
- Maximise the existing customer base
- Plan develop and execute Customer Account plans aligned to key business objectives and financial targets
- Hit both growth and new business targets
- Provide weekly and monthly trading reviews as well as outlook to senior management
- Plan, negotiate and agree annual trading agreements with relevant customers
- Manage and track all promotional spend and JBP investments
- Collaborate with customers on demand and forecasting requirements providing data internally to the demand planning and finance teams to enable accurate forward commercial and production planning
ABOUT YOUR TEAM
You will be working as part of our formidable UK & EMEA sales team. Ours stretches from the South & North of England, to Scotland, Ireland and into mainland Europe, all responsible for bringing Minor Figures to life through amazing customer service in the On Trade channel, retail sector and through our wholesales partners.
You’ll be reporting in to Greg, our Head of On Trade who supports the team as well as some of the finest names in specialty coffee.
And you’ll have the support of one of the best Brand Marketing, Creative and Digital teams the industry has ever seen.
Wider than that, you’ll work closely with a motley crew of teammates across the globe that are celebrated for their individuality in a work culture that encourages you to be optimistic, experimental and daring.
We want people to come into Minor Figures to be a true version of themselves every day. Every day. No matter if you're up, or if you're down, we want people that embrace every day being different. People that can bring the energy, support their team mates when the times get hard, but not hold off from asking for support themselves.
We hire humans, not machines, so let’s look at the key skills that we love to see. People that:
- Live and breathe their authenticity and individuality in everything that they do.
- Take pride in what they do, and inspire others to do the same.
- Have a sense of fun and adventure, along with a hands on & a can-do approach.
- Not be phased by constant change and challenges and willing to adapt and implement solutions.
- Collaborate like crazy & have a willingness to help in all areas of the business when needed.
- Approach every day like it’s day one. Committed, open minded and ready to enjoy every exhilarating second.
Key Skills needed include:
- Strong experience and understanding of the UK Foodservice channel and the supporting distribution networks
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proficient with excel
- Results driven
- Attention to detail
- Self – starter who wants to learn and progress in FMCG industry
- Strong communicator and great at working cross functionally (finance, operations, supply chain, marketing)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
We realise that a job is more than just the take home salary each month. So what are you really getting?
As part of the MF team, not only will you have the opportunity to own your role and make it, you and us a success, you’ll also be becoming part of something very special. Minor Figures’ ethos is that everyone is welcome, as long as you leave all hang-ups, social barriers and prejudices at the door.
You’ll embark on a journey that doesn’t have a destination. It just keeps going. Your contribution will help us become the most loved brand on the planet & the number speciality coffee brand. With that, you’ll grow, develop and progress as we do and you’ll play your part in us having a planet to do this on.
And, as part of the Minor Figures team, you’ll have the opportunity to invest in the business, with the option to buy shares in the company at an agreed price. Having skin in the game and really contributing to our success. Because it’s you and us all that do make this all happen.
But of course, we look after you in the other ways that you’d expect:
- 25 days holiday allowance in addition to bank holidays
- Statutory pension contribution through Nest
- Employee share options scheme, available to all full time employees.
- 1 day paid leave to support a cause of your choice through volunteering or activism
- Flexible working to meet the needs of the role
- 30% discount on products from our online shop
- Unlimited one to one coaching sessions with More Happi
- Unlimited access to Calm app
- All the free coffee and cold brew you can drink!
- Vegan lunches are available.
Naturally, this is a sales role, so you'll be out in the field and working remotely or from home but, our office in East London can be be your base and allow you to bring the energy and creativity to help educate and inspire our team.
The hours of work are 9am - 5.30pm.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At Minor Figures everyone is welcome. We are committed to cultivating and maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. We celebrate differences and continually support all members of our company to be proud of who they are. In recruiting for our team, we pride ourselves on equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, sex, age, disability, race, religion, sexuality or social class. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities and effectiveness, nothing else.
You’re sold? The coffee is brewing, you’re ready to hit send and sit back and wait for a response?
In order to make that happen:
- Submit a CV and any supporting documents to us.
- Tell us why you want to work with us at Minor Figures.
Just a heads up, we’re not a traditional team of recruiters and hiring managers. We want to see the human version of you, not just the black & white copy. Our need to find great people needs to be met with a fun and positive recruitment journey, so tell us more about you, however the heck you want.
If you've got any questions about the role or what to chat about what life is really like at Minor Figures, email us at email@example.com
FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
We value the impact & work recruitment agencies have & do. We have people that have worked within & relied heavily on the support of agencies in their career. That said however, we’d really appreciate it if we didn’t receive any unsolicited or out of the blue applications.
We’re Minor Figures. Founded on a rooftop in 2014 by three friends with a shared love of coffee, MF has since grown into a global brand with a team of over 100 people across the world, with offices in the UK, USA, and Australia. We create plant-based products for coffee lovers, baristas and a better planet. We love teaming up with people as mad about coffee as we are and love nothing more than heading down to their local cafe to enjoy a chat with the friendly & expert barista.
All our products are 100% plant based and vegan friendly. The company is exploding, achieving record sales figures each quarter.
Minor Figures would be nothing without the independent coffee scene and our products can be found in over 4,000 specialty coffee shops worldwide, where we regularly run Freedays and Minor Figures FM events. We’re also expanding fast, with products lining the shelves in major supermarkets in our three core regions and our team achieving record sales figures quarter-on-quarter.
At Minor Figures, we’re passionate about creating a positive impact and we put sustainability at the forefront of everything we do. We’re a 100% carbon neutral and now a B Corp certified company.
We have big plans for the future of MF. As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, we want to welcome creative, curious, free-spirited, bold thinkers to join us to make that happen. Everyone’s invited. We collaborate, improvise, synchronise. We are wholly authentic, uplifting and constructive. Because magic happens when everyone’s vibing and having a good time. We value individuality and we want you to be yourself. If you share our love for coffee and you want every day you spend at work to feel like your first, we’d love to hear from you.